Valuable El Naschie material you'll find nowhere else. If you don't see what you are looking for, make sure to try our link roundup.
What are the El Naschie Watch archives?
Primarily they are El Naschie discussion threads from around the Internet that cry out for a permanent home here, lest the hosting sites make them unavailable in whole (as for our most popular archive, That Hard-to-Find Baez Material), or in part (as for SCIAM whose moderators went hog-wild deleting comments). Since we grabbed many of the comments before the Webmasters expunged them, our archives are better records than the original threads.
Online publications like NewScientist sometimes take older content offline as a matter of routine, only letting subscribers see it. Our Naschienal Socialist infestation at NewScientist is an example of successful insurance against such eventualities.
Finally, the El Naschie Watch archives keep the most valuable El Naschie material conveniently in one place, whether it's endangered or not, and have their text color-coded to help readers find interesting or pro El Naschie material more easily than on the original host sites.
CATALOG OF EL NASCHIE WATCH ARCHIVES
We list these with the latest additions on top.
- Post judgment sockpuppet theater archives the comments of El Naschie's sockpuppets on the Nature thread Nature Publishing Group wins long-running libel trial and on Otto Rössler's lifeboat post CERN Found 2 out of 3 Needed Pieces of Evidence for the Higgs – A Bargain?
- FrogHeart Archive: El Naschie vs Elsheshtwi preserves a tussle between Mohamed El Naschie writing as "Hassan my" and Elsheshtwi, one of his strongest critics, writing as "Anon". You can read the original article by Maryse de la Giroday on FrogHeart.
- Yahia describes El Naschie's NassBook interview archives a blog post by Mohammed Yahia describing El Naschie's NassBook interview about his candidacy for President of Egypt. Nature, fearing legal fallout, forced Yahia to remove it. Fortunately it is preserved for posterity here.
- "Hoping to crucify El Naschie" is a small but lovely archive of sock puppet comments on Tudor Vieru's 8 January 2010 Softpedia article Quantum World Reveals 'Golden Ratio' Symmetry.
- Video! "Nuclear expert" Mohamed El Naschie archives an 8 June 2011 El Naschie interview and reader comments on the Al-Wafd website.
- Comments on Phil Baty's THE article is our archive of comments surrounding the furor over Alexandria University's 147th place finish in the Times Higher Education ranking of universities worldwide, caused by El Naschie's citation scam. New weights and measures throw up a few surprises appeared on 16 September, 2010.
- L’alchimiste du nano is our archive of a December 27, 2006 article in French about the great man. It was published in the Egyptian newspaper Al Ahram.
- Complete English translation of the Al-Doha piece archives "The Egyptian Physicist Mohamed El Naschie, Big on Ultra-small Technology" by Mohammed Abou Zeid. The original Arabic version can be found in our post El Naschie's State Appreciation Award lie. The article was published in the May, 2010 edition of the Qatari magazine Al-Doha.
- A new Richard Poynder piece saves Richard Poynder's 12th May 2010 piece Elsevier's Chaos, Solitons & Fractals: Risen phoenix or missed opportunity? (dead link) from vanishing down a black hole.
- Text from the Birthday Book archives comments made by Amr Elnashai, Garnet Ord, and others, on El Naschie's 60th birthday. This was laboriously converted from a Google Books preview.
- This surfer is no Einstein archives the no-longer-online reader comments on the January 22, 2008 Telegraph article by Marcus du Sautoy called Garrett Lisi: This surfer is no Einstein. It's sort of a companion to Another archive for your amusement.
- El Naschie: "I am the first!" archives an amazing interview with the Great Man by Ayman Amer, along with reader comments, for and against. This November 16, 2009 article was deleted from arabpressnews.com, but we have it preserved here.
- Oh no you don't! archives comments on an Islam Today interview with El Naschie.
- Those Hidden Pressgazette Comments archives comments on Sarah Limbrick's Press Gazette article concerning El Naschie's Nature suit.
- Sockpuppet bait archives comments on the Lisa Zyga article Spacetime May Have Fractal Properties on a Quantum Scale from physorg.com.
- Relationship with Ahmed Zewail (part 2) is a roundup of information from the Arabic language media concerning El Naschie's strained relationship with Nobel Prize winner Ahmed Zewail.
- Relationship with Ahmed Zewail (part 1: background) describes El Naschie's Nobel aspirations and his insertion of himself into the social circles of Nobel Laureates.
- Who's behind the El Naschie smears? archives the comments on Egystricker, for and against El Naschie. Update, 26 May 2011: Egystricker goes down! That's what these archives are for.
- The Sockpuppets Soldier On archives the comments on Becky Jungbauer's You're a mean one, Mr. El Naschie, one of her "A Truth Universally Acknowledged" blog posts from the Scientificblogging site.
- An Itty Bitty Archive preserves Kent's Update on El Naschie and Elsevier from his Uncommon Ground blog.
- FQXi El Naschie discussion archive is a truly grand archive of comments from the FQXi forum. The opening comment is a question directed to surfer dude Garrett Lisi, who never actually answers or enters the fray whatsoever.
- Another archive for your amusement is a huge compendium of comments on Roger Highfield's Telegraph article Surfer dude stuns physicists with theory of everything, on Garrett Lisi's theory. These 615 valuable comments are no longer available on the Telegraph Web site.
- Naschienal Socialist infestation at NewScientist is a large, valuable comment archive from Mark Buchanan's article Can fractals make sense of the quantum world? We have preserved many comments that the frustrated NewScientist Webmaster deleted, and in fact even the heavily redacted comment set is no longer publicly viewable at NewScientist's Web site.
- Comments on the ZEIT article is our archive of reader comments on Christoph Drösser's Skurrile Wissenschaft: Der Felix Krull der Mathematik. The comments fell into a black hole when El Naschie sued DIE ZEIT, but amazingly we have them here. We also have Martin's careful comparison of the before and after versions: Changes in Drösser's Zeit piece.
- That SCIAM comment archive is one of the largest and most popular. Jerzy Jurkiewicz, Renate Loll and Jan Ambjorn wrote a Scientific American article called Using Causality to Solve the Puzzle of Quantum Spacetime that attracted many comments. El Naschie's supporters thought the authors appropriated his ideas without attribution, and were furious. The Webmaster deleted scores of comments, but they are preserved in our archive.
- From Cairo with love preserves comments from two blogs. One is Ben Webster's L'affaire El Naschie on Secret Blogging Seminar. The other is Stefan and Bee's Chaos, Solitons and Self-Promotion on Backreaction.
- The Deleted Wikipedia Entry on El Naschie archives Wikpedia articles on El Naschie and his work that have been deleted.
- That Hard-to-Find Baez Material, which John Baez wants removed from this site, is our most popular and perhaps largest archive. Originally Baez had the material at http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/category/2008/11/the_case_of_m_s_el_naschie.html but he pulled it down, and that is now a dead link. Before browsing this archive, readers may want to get some background here, here, here, and here.
I do try to keep the archives here up to date. If readers notice that new comments have appeared and I haven't yet archived them, please let me know.
محمد النشائي All El Naschie All The Time محمد النشائي