The honor of being photographed with Mohamed S. El Naschie. This may be why the Nobel itself is so coveted: It improves the recipient's likelihood of being photographed with Mohamed El Naschie.
Readers may recall the photoshopped image of an intimate beach scene with El Naschie and three Nobel Laureates. Some unfairly assumed that El Naschie was responsible for the Photoshopping. El Naschie Watch can reveal that Laureates Frank Wilczek, Gerard 't Hooft, and David Gross chipped in to cover Ivar Pel's 1000 Euro fee for Photoshopping everyone but themselves and El Naschie out of the Vlieland group photo.
We think some entrepreneur could do well with a camera and a lifesize cardboard cutout of El Naschie.
Here is a list of Nobel Laureates who have been honored by being photographed with El Naschie:
- Gerd Binnig, Physics, 1986
- Murray Gell-Mann, Physics, 1969
- David Gross, Physics, 2004
- Anthony J. Leggett, Physics, 2003
- Naguib Mahfouz, Literature, 1998
- Douglas D. Osheroff, Physics, 1996
- Horst Ludwig Störmer, Physics, 1998
- Gerardus 't Hooft, Physics, 1999
- Frank Wilczek, Physics, 2004
We would like to add to this list as we learn more names.
It seems possible he may have been photographed with his "teacher" Ilya Prigogine (Chemistry, 1977) but we have no photo to prove it. As far as we know he was never photographed with Mohamed ElBaradei (Peace, 2005) or Ahmed Zewail (Chemistry, 1999).
محمد النشائي All El Naschie All The Time محمد النشائى