In a new post, Perverse Incentives, Richard Holmes says
I am unable to judge the merits of El Naschie's work. I assume that since he has been a Professor at Cambridge, Cornell and the University of Surrey and publishes in journals produced by two very reputable companies that his papers are of a very high quality.
I tried to post the following in a comment on his blog, but it awaits moderation:
Hi. I am the one who posted to Scribd the El Naschie CV you linked to. The CV is fraud and nonsense like everything else about El Naschie. You said "I assume that since he has been a Professor at Cambridge, Cornell and the University of Surrey and publishes in journals produced by two very reputable companies that his papers are of a very high quality."
You are badly, badly wrong. My blog, El Naschie Watch, is dedicated to debunking the crackpot charlatan El Naschie.
Read this: Introduction to Mohamed El Naschie
and also this, which references your website: Caltech, MIT, Princeton, Alexandria University
Then I put this in a separate comment.
You also write:
"The university has accumulated a large number of citations to papers published by Mohamed El Naschie, mainly in two journals, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, published by Elsevier, and the International Journal of Nonlinear Mathematics and Numerical Simulation, published by the Israeli company Freund. El Naschie was editor of the first until recently and is co-editor of the second. Many of the citations are by himself."
Those two journals and their Editors-in-Chief are at the center of a citation scamming scandal. See this post: Christoph Drösser on impact-factor manipulation
This also awaits moderation as of this writing.
- El Naschie and Alexandria University
- SCANDAL! AU professorship for El Naschie
- Alexandria U to be kicked out of top 200 next year
- Alexandria University exults in 147th place ranking
- El Naschie disses Times Higher Education
- El Naschie on Alexandria University's THE rank
- University Ranking Watch invites debate
- U of Alberta President on U of Alexandria ranking
- Is University Ranking Watch afraid of El Naschie?
- El Naschie gets undeserved benefit of the doubt
- The Alexandria University saga continues
- My email to Alexandria University
- Irony lost on Utrecht University Debate Platform
- Caltech, MIT, Princeton, Alexandria University