- 21 September, 2010. Rössler talks about the Einstein equation.
Google's English: An anomaly
In passing, Rössler talks about a paucity of graduate students:
Kein junger Fachwissenschaftler wagt es, meine Themen aufzugreifen. Es wäre tödlich für seine Karriere, wenn er versuchen würde, mir zu helfen, entweder einen Fehler zu finden oder, wenn nicht, die Welt zu retten.
No young academics dared to take up my issues. It would be fatal to his career, when he would try to help me to either find an error or, if not to save the world.
- 10 September, 2010. Rössler explains about a "Perpetual motion machine in canonical constant rest mass interpretation of Schwarzschild metric" which explanation we quote in its entirety:
Proof: Let a body of mass M fall from far away and stop it above the Schwarzschild radius. The unchanged rest mass M is locally found added a (say) equal amount of kinetic energy. From the latter, a second copy of M is locally made. Then both bodies are sent back upstairs by investing the matching double amount of kinetic energy so the local balance sheet is even. But on the outside, twice the original mass M arrives. Q.E.D. (For J.O.R. 23.09.10)
"FrznHrs" gives a rebuttal more detailed than Rössler deserves. Undaunted, Rössler replies
Dear Colleague F.H.:
Sorry there was a mistake in my argument yesterday. Am I allowed to re-start?
- 4 November, 2009. Rössler says he wants to start LHC panic in the population, and tells how he arrived at his famous 1/6 probability that the earth will be swallowed by a black hole.
Google's English: Excerpt from a response by Prof. Rössler concerning avoidance of panic
The short version:
Die vernünftig klingende “Panikmache-Vermeidung” ist im Moment vielleicht eher ein Fehler, da eine mit etwas Hysterie verbundene Panikmache im Moment gar keine Panikmache ist, sondern nur weise Druck-Ausübung.
The reasonable sounding phrase "prevention of panicmongering" is perhaps a mistake at the moment, since a little bit of hysterics connected with panicmongering is, at the moment, no real panicmongering, but the wise exertion of pressure.
- 28 September, 2010. Rössler returns tentatively to the falling stone of 10 September above, with a short post in English.
It at first sight appears highly unlikely that someone could be right who says that the mass of a falling stone decreases as much as its kinetic energy increases.
Rössler muses about perhaps getting Nelson Mandela on his side. Good luck with that, Otto.
- 5 September, 2008. Article by Roger Highfield, Science Editor for the Telegraph.
Scientists get death threats over Large Hadron Collider shows that Rössler's crackpot scaremongering is not harmless.
Prof. Brian Cox of Manchester University is quoted as saying
Anyone who thinks the LHC will destroy the world is a t---.
I suppose the word is "twat" because the Telegraph wouldn't censor "twit".
Many thanks to the reader who provided all the foregoing links.
Posts about Otto E. Rössler:
- Otto E. Rössler update
- Four more Otto E. Rössler communications
- An Otto E. Rössler cornucopia of madness
- Latest Rössler news
- The high-tech behemoth of the white minority
- Dr. Rössler's diagnosis: THE PLANET HAS AIDS
- Otto E. Rössler speaks at conference of quacks
- Prof. Otto E. Rössler responds to El Naschie Watch
- Otto E. Rössler is the anti-Sokal
- Master list of O.E. Rössler's editorial positions
- Showcase: Otto E. Rössler's crackpottery
- Otto E. Rössler's student Hans H. Diebner
- Rössler's unorthodox paper submission strategy
- Otto Rössler has been crazy for years