- 28 September, 2010. On Marc Fasnacht's blog Achtphasen, Rössler awaits a rebuttal.
Jürgen K. and FrznHrs tried to reason with Prof. Rössler, but to little avail. Here's Rössler's reply.
Lieber Herr Kollege J.K.:
Ihr Kollege F.H. hat nichts widerlegt. Es sei denn, sein Verteidiger J.K. kann spezifizieren, was er widerlegt hat, da er das selbst nicht mehr kann.
Ich habe geschildert, wie die Meinung von Herrn F.H. auf eine Verletzung der Energieerhaltung führt.
Darauf schweigt er. Und Sie dazu auch.
Ich warte auf einen Gegenbeweis.
Herzlich Ihr Otto E. Rössler
Dear Colleague J.K.:
Your colleague F.H. has not refuted anything. Unless his lawyer J.K. can specify what he has refuted, since he himself can not.
I have described how the views of Mr FH leads to a violation of energy conservation.
Now he is silent. And you are too.
I'm waiting for a rebuttal.
Cordially yours, Otto E. Rössler
- 4 October, 2010. Rössler remains sure of himself.
Dear Mr. F.H.:
I admire you that you came back.
Unfortunately you repeat your old scholastic assertions without being able to disprove my theorem. I repeat: "Equal rest mass energy content downstairs as compared to upstairs implies energy nonconservation".
How about giving it a try?
The machine is running at an exponential pace! You are the only person on the planet who tries to refute the danger. So I do not underestimate you at all. But everybody sees that you are unable to disprove my theorem. So far.
I give you another day.
Take care, Otto.
- 7 October, 2010. Rössler returns to his thought experiment in the form of a story about Einstein and Telemachus.
Original German: Telemach gegen Heuer: Kann der globale Selbstmordversuch des Oktober 2010 noch aufgehalten werden?
Google's English translation: Telemachus against Heuer: Can the global suicide attempt in October 2010 still be prevented?
- 8 October, 2010. Rössler estimates that a mini black hole would take five years to swallow the Earth. Original German or Google's English. The Achtphasen commenters take him seriously.
- 7 October, 2010. Having saved the best for last, we come to RelativKritisch, where blogger "Redaktion" lives up to his high standards.
Original German: Otto E. Rössler – Ich will nicht widerlegt werden!
Google's English translation: Otto E. Rössler - I will not be refuted!
Redaktion pours scorn on Rössler's so-called "ℜ-Theorem".
There are two dozen reader comments, and a photoshop of Rössler on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
UPDATE. More Rössler bronco busting from the Achtphasen site.
- 2 October, 2010. Rationality Re-Gained Today
Today I could prove to a colleague that a minor implication of general relativity, overlooked for 95 years, is for real. The whole world could follow our open dispute.
A finite spherical surface surrounding a black hole holds an infinite volume of space, in which c is constant globally and in which Telemach holds: T (time), L (length), M (mass) and Ch (charge) change concomitantly in proportion to gravitational redshift.
This result totally changes the properties of black holes. Black holes are hoped to be produced these days in an unprecedented experiment at CERN.
Even if there were no evidence that these changed properties make them dangerous, the experiment which is based on the assumption that they are innocuous would have to be stopped until the issue is clarified.
So I cordially ask Mr. Heuer to give the stop signal tonight until clarity has been achieved.
I think every person on the planet who cares about rationality agrees.
- 10 October, 2010. This Achtphasen post from Marc Fasnacht has five comments including three from Rössler.
Original German: 'F.H.' hält Herrn Rösslers "ℜ-Theorem" durch Herrn Giulini und Herrn Nicolai für widerlegt (und somit für kein Theorem im eigentlichen Sinne) und hat den Argumenten inhaltlich eigentlich nichts hinzuzufügen.
Google's English translation: 'FH' keeps Mr. Rössler "ℜ theorem" by Mr. Giulini and Nicolai contradicted for the Lord (and thus not a theorem in the strict sense) and has actually nothing to add substance to the arguments.
In a comment, Marc Fasnacht says "All we are is dust in the wind... Cantor's dust" suggesting he's a drinker of El Naschie's E-infinity Kool-Aid.
In one of his comments, Rössler suggests getting ex-UN Secretary General Kofi Annan involved somehow. (Last time he suggested Nelson Mandela.)
- 10 October, 2010. Rössler writes to Governor Stefan Mappus of Baden-Württemberg. Original German or Google's English translation.
Rössler announces his intention of meeting with Governor Mappus on Wednesday at 3:00 PM. He laments that the Pope won't meet with him, and compares himself to a holocaust victim.
- 11 October 2010. On Achtphasen again, Rössler answers at length a question from Ralf Kannenberg concerning the anticipated LHC-induced end of the world.
Original German: Antwort an Herrn Kannenberg
Google's English translation: Answer to Mr. Kannenberg
TL;DR? You decide. Anyway, he winds up by saying he emulates Richard Feynman's utter scientific honesty, which is amusing.
Marc Fasnacht worriedly asks in a comment whether any black holes have been detected yet.
Posts about Otto E. Rössler:
- More Otto E. Rössler hijinks
- Otto E. Rössler update
- Four more Otto E. Rössler communications
- An Otto E. Rössler cornucopia of madness
- Latest Rössler news
- The high-tech behemoth of the white minority
- Dr. Rössler's diagnosis: THE PLANET HAS AIDS
- Otto E. Rössler speaks at conference of quacks
- Prof. Otto E. Rössler responds to El Naschie Watch
- Otto E. Rössler is the anti-Sokal
- Master list of O.E. Rössler's editorial positions
- Showcase: Otto E. Rössler's crackpottery
- Otto E. Rössler's student Hans H. Diebner
- Rössler's unorthodox paper submission strategy
- Otto Rössler has been crazy for years