We know Holmes is wary of our comments, and he alludes to that unease in this paragraph:
To be fair, readers might wish to visit El Naschie’s site. I will also publish any comments of a non-libellous nature that support or dispute the scientific merits of his writings.
His post has many links. As of this writing, however, links to El Naschie Watch and RationalWiki are malformed as follows and therefore broken:
I left the following comments, which await his approval.
Hi Richard, great post. Very thorough. Your "El Naschie’s list of affiliations" link attempts to connect to my blog, I think, but it's broken. Relevant posts on my blog include Introduction to Mohamed El Naschie and The many titles of Dr. M.S. El Naschie.
Also, your link to El Naschie's RationalWiki page is broken because you appended a period.
You say a lot about El Naschie's affiliations. It should never be assumed that El Naschie is affiliated with an institution merely because he says so. The institution must be asked. For example, he has been kicked off the arXiv for arrogating affiliation with Cambridge University.
Richard, I am relieved to see you naming names. I was worried about you.
Richard is cautious and temperate in his language, but if you read between the lines you can tell he knows El Naschie is bogus.
- El Naschie and Alexandria University
- SCANDAL! AU professorship for El Naschie
- Alexandria U to be kicked out of top 200 next year
- Alexandria University exults in 147th place ranking
- El Naschie disses Times Higher Education
- El Naschie on Alexandria University's THE rank
- University Ranking Watch invites debate
- U of Alberta President on U of Alexandria ranking
- Is University Ranking Watch afraid of El Naschie?
- El Naschie gets undeserved benefit of the doubt
- The Alexandria University saga continues
- My email to Alexandria University
- Irony lost on Utrecht University Debate Platform
- Caltech, MIT, Princeton, Alexandria University