The video is unrelated to the subject of this post.
My email to Alexandria University was sent to President Hind Hanafi and twenty other Alexandria University personnel on September 21. They were nearly all deans and vice-presidents of the AU administration.
The news provided by a reader that El Naschie has been given an emeritus professor post at the AU physics department in spite of our warning to the AU administration comes as a shock. What the hell? Did they not believe us? Did they believe us but not care? Did they not read it?
I included Tarek Ibrahim on the email, and sent a second inquiry to him personally, but I have not heard back from him. I can understand not wanting to be involved in a dispute with President Hanafi over El Naschie's appointment in his own department so I don't blame him for keeping quiet.
The more I think about this the more I am outraged. I want to compose a more detailed letter. But we need to increase visibility. At the very minimum we need a larger mailing list. Hundreds or thousands of alex.edu.eg email addresses. If we can get a good mailing list, I'll write a new, detailed letter. I'll also ask for reader help to create a version in Arabic. A well-written bilingual email to a large audience would be less likely to be dismissed out-of-hand. And we can add to the recipients list as many Egyptian reporters and news outlets as we can obtain contact information for.
What do you think, is this worth a try? We need:
- alex.edu.eg email addresses, as many as possible
- email addresses for Egyptian news outlets
- English to Arabic translation of the new email
If you want to help, post in comments or email me at hasten dot jason at gmail dot com.
Here's the non-Christmas "SpeedyCake mix" of Caramelldansen in the original Swedish. Or try English, German, Japanese or Spanish Fandub.
- El Naschie and Alexandria University
- Alexandria U to be kicked out of top 200 next year
- Alexandria University exults in 147th place ranking
- El Naschie disses Times Higher Education
- El Naschie on Alexandria University's THE rank
- University Ranking Watch invites debate
- U of Alberta President on U of Alexandria ranking
- Is University Ranking Watch afraid of El Naschie?
- El Naschie gets undeserved benefit of the doubt
- My email to Alexandria University
- Irony lost on Utrecht University Debate Platform
- Caltech, MIT, Princeton, Alexandria University