Monday, June 6, 2011

IOP complaint procedure

This is a follow-up to my post Email on El Naschie to Institute of Physics.


IOP has provided me with the following document, which tells how to relieve El Naschie of his IOP Fellowship.

IOP Regulations

I emailed them back, saying

El Naschie is in clear violation of "Falsifying any professional qualification" in Section 11. In snail-mail I will send you a written complaint of 1000 words or less per Section 11.5.2.

I am not a lawyer, but each paper on which El Naschie claimed an affiliation with a university other than Alexandria constitutes a prima facie violation, doesn't it?

In my opinion he also is in violation of Section 4.1:

Candidates for Fellow must be educated to honours degree level in physics or a cognate subject [math is certainly a cognate subject; civil or structural engineering I doubt]

Or

An equivalent level of attainment acquired through a combination of education, training and experience, and demonstrate an outstanding record of contributing at the highest levels of their profession [founder and ex-Editor-in-Chief of a crackpot journal isn't adequate, surely].

Candidates for Fellow must be supported by at least one Fellow of the Institute. [probably Otto Rössler or Ji-Huan He, but I have not seen El Naschie's Fellowship application and it probably won't be made available to me]

If anyone sees other violations, let me know and I will add them to my complaint.


Translate English to Arabic
محمد النشائى El Naschie Watch محمد النشائي El Naschie News محمد النشائى محمد النشائي All El Naschie All The Time محمد النشائى
StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment