Before MRS JUSTICE SHARP
Monday, 31st October 2011
At half past 10
TLJ/10/1474 El Naschie v MacMillan Publishers Ltd
So the wheels of justice are turning. Why Mrs. Sharp is doing this and not Mr. Eady is a mystery.
She is undoubtedly Dame Victoria Madeleine Sharp, DBE. Like Mr. Eady, she was previously a member of Chambers at One Brick Court, according to their Barristers page. There seems to be a book about her.
Despite his presidential candidacy, Mohamed El Naschie has not made any public appearances in Egypt for ten days or so. Presumably he has returned to England to prepare for the trial, because if he were using the campaign as an excuse not to show up he'd be doing speeches and interviews.
El Naschie has told the Court that he has no money to pay lawyers and so will be representing himself.
UPDATE: In the comments, Shrink notices that Mr. Justice Eady has something scheduled at the same time as Mrs. Justice Sharp's session. It looks like Eady is no longer involved at all in El Naschie v Nature.
It is amusing to look through the El Naschie Watch visitors log these days. MacMillan/Nature offices all over the world are checking in frequently. You are welcome here, people. But may I paraphrase JFK and suggest you ask not what El Naschie Watch can do for you, but what you can do for El Naschie Watch?
Come on. Do it! Any tidbit about the Trial of the Century will be gratefully received and lovingly posted for the enjoyment of all our readers. Your identity will not be revealed.
- February 14, 2009: Fight!
- March 2, 2009: He's toast
- February 18, 2010: El Naschie vs Nature news
- April 1, 2010: El Naschie wins law suit against Nature!
- April 17, 2011: El Naschie vs. Nature law suit news
- June 12, 2011: El Naschie vs. Nature BOMBSHELL!
- June 12, 2011: El Naschie vs Nature: Paragraphs 4 and 5
- September 21, 2011: Nature zaps Yahia's blog post!
- October 21, 2011: Excitement builds: Countdown to 31 October
- October 24, 2011: My email to Nature's law firm
- October 24, 2011: Judge hails from One Brick Court!
- October 24, 2011: El Naschie v Nature pre-trial review in 3 hours!
- October 28, 2011: El Naschie v Nature starts Monday morning