We remind readers that the El Naschie vs Nature case is to be tried, without a jury, over a period of 15 to 20 days beginning on 31 October of this year.
In an email, Shrink directs my attention to a Declaration of Interests published online by the British Parliament. This is the relevant part:
Andrew Caldecott QC, Specialist Adviser, declared an interest as a Queen's Counsel who had appeared for many claimants and media organisations as a barrister and was likely to continue to do so—in the defamation field. He declared an involvement in the following litigation, to which reference was directly or indirectly made in the course of oral evidence:
Rath v Guardian
Reynolds v Times Newspapers
Spiller v Joseph
Tesla v BBC
El Naschie v Nature
Andrew Caldecott QC is a colleague of Aidan Eardly who you will remember is the barrister defending Nature. I am amused to see that they share offices with someone named Sarah Palin, who probably finds it tiresome when jurists pretend to mistake her for the former US vice presidential nominee.
Sexism alert (trigger warning)
Undoubtedly the gentlemen of One Brick Court often find themselves gazing longingly at the lovely legal briefs of Ms. Hannah Ready.
- February 14, 2009: Fight!
- March 2, 2009: He's toast
- February 18, 2010: El Naschie vs Nature news
- April 1, 2010: El Naschie wins law suit against Nature!
- April 17, 2011: El Naschie vs. Nature law suit news
- June 12, 2011: El Naschie vs. Nature BOMBSHELL!
- June 12, 2011: El Naschie vs Nature: Paragraphs 4 and 5
- September 21, 2011: Nature zaps Yahia's blog post!
- October 21, 2011: Excitement builds: Countdown to 31 October