These are the main points of El Naschie's campaign platform:
- The Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) needs full support to avoid chaos, even if one disagress with them.
- Economic reform should follow China's example.
- Changes to existing treaties like the Camp David accords must respect international law.
- Arab economic cooperation should follow the EU model.
El Naschie said that he "had advised the presidential candidates to respect the religious feelings of the Egyptians, but they did not respond."
Unfortunately, it is unlikely that the press asked El Naschie any of the following questions:
- Where is your doctoral thesis, and who was on the committee besides your adviser Thomas Barta?
- Why did you claim for ten years to be a Cambridge professor?
- What is the status of your law suits against Ahmed Zewail and against Nature, and what are you going to do with the ten million pounds?
- Why did you claim in Rosa Al-Youssef that your father was a Free Officer?
- Why did you claim in Al-Doha magazine that you won the Egypt State Appreciation Award?
- Why haven't you won the Nobel Prize yet, and which Nobel Laureates said that you deserve the prize more than them?
- Where are the records of your divorce from Lydia Thorsen and your marriage to Mervat Heddini?
- Since you hate the West and are running for the Presidency of the Republic of Egypt, why have you not sold your house in Surrey, England?
- Why have you published so few papers since Elsevier fired you as Editor-in-Chief of Chaos, Solitons and Fractals?
- Why does your website feature a fake, Photoshopped picture depicting you in an intimate scene with three Nobel Laureates?
- How is your plan to award a Nobel Peace Prize to Hosni Mubarak working out?
Now more reports of the news conference are coming in. Dreams TV attributes to Almasry Alyoum the following. Original Arabic or Google's English translation. Notes:
- El Naschie is called a "famous nanotechnology scientist".
- He said "science is the solution to the country's problems".
- He said his age isn't an impediment but he'd choose a young man of less than 30 years as his deputy.
- Islamic democracy is superior to European, he said.
- Responding to a question about campaign finance, he said "Only God funded my campaign".