Ismail would restrict alcohol consumption to private residences, close gambling casinos, and ban bikinis. He has gained notoriety in the West with his praise of Osama bin Laden:
As it happens, Ismail has just been disqualified by Egypt's ruling Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) as a candidate because his mother has a US passport. There are 48 hours for Ismail to appeal the ruling. If he fails, Abdul-Samad will have to make another choice.
- El Naschie struggles to stay center-stage
- El Naschie's campaign manager turns on him!
- Videos! El Naschie quits race, backs Suleiman
- Egypt Arab Socialist Party denies everything!
- El Naschie to run under Arab Socialist Party!
- El Naschie abandons presidential run!