Monday, April 2, 2012

Tom Kerwick is called out!

Click pic for full size. Polandball is an obscure 4chan meme usually to do with Poland.


I love this. I love it, love it, love it. Let me explain to our non-German readers. It was in this comment that I casually referred to Tom's alma mater as a "diploma mill", which clearly it is. This epithet, which I slung casually, has been adopted and often repeated with seriousness by German readers of El Naschie Watch. I was a bit flummoxed by this, but I should not have been. Germans take qualifications seriously. In academic circles Otto Rössler is held in contempt. One of the founding contributors of El Naschie Watch, Dr. Martin Klicken, is busy rooting out plagiarism.

Blogger Redaktion of RelativKritisch writes

Tom Kerwick, the scientific imposter who bought his PhD from a diploma mill should have the chance to restore the deleted comments of Roessler. His run to cancel this seven entries is ridiculous, because he is a real franchised dealer from Otto and friends. It's astonishing, Tom risks betraying his partners to save his own skin. This infamous coward!

Excellent, Redaktion.

I have twice attended Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, and I have never met a German I didn't like, but statistically there must be some unlikeable ones out there.


Translate English to Arabic
محمد النشائى El Naschie Watch محمد النشائي El Naschie News محمد النشائى محمد النشائي All El Naschie All The Time محمد النشائى
StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

  1. Bravo Jason. As I mentioned to you last week though, UL is my alma mater, and WIT to a lesser extent. I used Corrlins just to document a social issue as an engineer who noticed a 'beneath contempt' attitude in some physics haunts to outsiders. Mill that all you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I retract 'beaneth contempt' in specific here: this is just a revelation William Kilgore provided me with this week.

    ReplyDelete